The Künstlerhaus Archives have documented the association’s and building’s history for over 150 years.
There are numerous collections such as:
- records of exhibitions (correspondence, catalogues, photographs, etc.)
- the Künstlerhaus’ correspondence with people and organisations
- records of celebrations and events
- documents of the building
- records of the association (minutes, statutes, etc.)
- register of works of arts received
- the Künstlerhaus’ collection of medals
- collection of historical objects
- records on various artists
The archives are looked after by the Künstlerhaus Archivist Mag. Paul Rachler M.A. on weekdays and at the moment is located at the premises of the Wiener Stadt- und Landesarchiv (MA 8), Guglgasse 14, Gasometer D, 1110 Vienna.
Feel free to contact our registrar Mag. Paul Rachler email@example.com with any enquiries or if you wish for more information or to learn how to use the library; please give your name and telephone number.
Appointments are possible Monday to Friday between 9 am and 1 pm.
The use of the collections takes place in the reading room of the Wiener Stadt- und Landesarchiv (4th floor, Gasometer D). Please find the current opening hours here.